Will JetBlue Allow Me to Select Seats in Advance?
Most air travelers can not compromise on their comfort while they fly, no matter where and how far. If you are also one such fellow planning to fly JetBlue with similar thoughts, fear not. Customers who wish to fly JetBlue with utmost comfort can benefit from its exclusive option to choose desired seats on the plane. The JetBlue seat selection service permits customers to choose where they want to sit on the plane with or without an extra fee. The exact rules and charges depend on several factors, but the best part is that you are able to choose your favorite seat on the plane as long as it’s available and your fare is eligible for it. To know more about the seats and how to choose them, read on until the end.
What are the Types of Seats on JetBlue?
On most JetBlue flights, there are three types of seat options. Every customer gets to choose between them depending on the fare and eligibility. Moreover, the airline’s seat selection rules are also convenient for customers. The seat types are:
- Even More Space
Among these, economy seats are available to all, whereas for Even More Space seats and premium seatings, customers may require to pay an additional charge. Economy seats are the most common seats in the plane with basic legroom space, which is why many passengers go for Even more space options.
JetBlue Seat Options per Ticket Type
|Fare Types||Basic||Blue||Blue +||Jetblue Blue Extra||Mint|
|Seat Selection||Possible For a Fee||Included free||No Cost||At no charge||Available with booking|
So, now you know the types of seats you get on JetBlue flights. Further, let’s take a look at the rules and process of choosing seats and the seat selection fee by JetBlue Airways.
What are the Rules for JetBlue Seat Selection?
Selecting Seats on JetBlue is a simple process, but you may need to follow some simple rules before you choose where to sit. The Jetblue seat selection policy permits customers who are over 18 years of age to select a seat on their own before check-in. But these are the basic rules that customers need to follow:
- Blue Basic Fare: Seat selection may not be included or may require an additional fee. Preferred or extra-legroom seats may have fees.
- Blue Fare: Seat selection is typically included during booking, with additional fees for preferred or extra-legroom seats.
- Blue Plus Fare: Seat selection is included for free, including preferred or extra-legroom seats.
- Mint Fare (Business Class): Seat selection is generally included in the fare.
- TrueBlue Mosaic Members: Complimentary seat selection, including preferred or extra-legroom seats, for elite-tier members.
- Extra-legroom Seats: Available for an additional fee, except for TrueBlue Mosaic members.
- Group Seat Assignments: JetBlue tries to accommodate seating together for groups, but it is subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- Seat Changes: Changes may be possible during check-in or by contacting customer support, but fees or restrictions may apply.
- If you do not select a seat, the airline will assign you a random seat at check-in. This may reduce the chances of you sitting together with your companions.
The seat selection in different fare types and with different TrueBlue memberships will still cost you if you have Blue Basic seats. However, for seats in higher JetBlue cabins, you do not need to pay anything, as the option to choose your preferred seats is already included. Reach out to JetBlue’s customer service team for more details on booking your favorite seats.
JetBlue Seat Selection Map: How Does it Work?
When you book a flight with JetBlue, during the process, you see a seat selection map. This is the visual layout of the airplane with its seating chart that shows which side is where. The map lets you choose where to sit and find the seat numbers for windows, aisle, emergency exit rows, Even More Space seats, etc.
On JetBlue aircraft, seats are typically divided into several sections:
Economy Class (Blue): The majority of seats on JetBlue flights are in the Economy Class cabin. These seats are usually located towards the rear of the aircraft and are arranged in a standard 3-3 configuration on most aircraft.
Even More Space Seats: JetBlue offers extra-legroom seats, known as Even More Space seats, which provide additional legroom for added comfort. These seats are often located in the front rows or in exit rows, and they may come with an additional fee.
JetBlue Mint: On select long-haul flights, JetBlue offers a premium cabin called Mint. These seats are typically located at the front of the aircraft and provide a more luxurious and spacious experience compared to Economy Class.
Please note that the specific seat map and layout can vary depending on the aircraft type. JetBlue operates various aircraft models, such as the Airbus A320, Airbus A321, and the Embraer E190. Each aircraft has its own unique seat configuration.
To view the seat map for a specific JetBlue flight, check the JetBlue booking website, input your flight details to access the seat map, and choose your preferred seats.
How do I Select my Seats with JetBlue?
JetBlue Airways seats are well-defined, and you can easily find where to sit with the help of their seat map. Although the process of selecting seats and the time of selection matter to get your ideal options. With JetBlue, you can select your seats:
- During booking,
- Via Manage Booking
- At the time of Check-in
No matter when you decide to choose your seats, the fare will not change for the seats. However, the status and availability may change based on how late you select your seats. So, we recommend selecting your JetBlue seats as soon as possible and avoiding any later problems.
JetBlue Airways Seat Selection Process(Via Manage Booking)
If you have already booked a flight and want to select or change seats after the booking, you can typically do so by accessing your booking through the JetBlue website or app. Look for the “Manage Trips” or “My Trips” section, where you can view your reservation and make seat selections or changes if available. To select seats on JetBlue, you can follow these simple steps:
- Visit JetBlue’s official website or use the JetBlue mobile app.
- Enter the “My trips” section to locate your trips.
- Click the Seat selection option and continue.
- Review the available seats on the seat map displayed on the website or app.
- There will be different seat options, such as regular seats and Even More Space seats.
- Select the seat(s) you prefer by clicking or tapping on the seat(s) on the map. The selected seat(s) will usually be highlighted or marked as “selected.”
- If you are traveling with a group and want to sit together, ensure that the seats are adjacent or in close proximity to each other.
- Review the fare details, and complete the payment for choosing your seats.
After selection, you will receive a confirmation in your official email with updated details of your seats.
Certain seats, such as Even More Space seats, may require an additional fee. Please note that seat availability may vary depending on the fare type, flight, and number of passengers on the aircraft. Please call the JetBlue seat selection phone number for better details on choosing the seats. You can also speak to an expert at the Tripohlz team to skip the hold and wait and directly get answers