Is your kid ready to board the flight with Air France all alone? Are you worried about their safety and comfort? There is no need to worry because the airline has a simple program to ensure smooth travel for your lovely kid. With the Air France unaccompanied minor program, your child will be under the supervision of the airline staff throughout the journey.
The unaccompanied minor program of the airline is also known as the “Kids Solo” service. Moreover, this service is necessary for kids from 4 to 15 years flying alone. To use this service for your kid, you should know about the policy in detail. So, let’s proceed further and learn everything about this policy.
Air France unaccompanied minor policy – Important things to know!
Is your kid going alone for the first time on the Air France flight? Well, ensure to check out the following Air France unaccompanied minor policy, and let your kid travel amidst comfort and convenience. Some rules are associated with this policy that are important for you to discover.
- Children between 4 and 11 years traveling within Metropolitan France and the departments and territories of Overseas France can avail benefits of this service.
- Moreover, kids from 5 to 14 can travel on international flights as well. They are permitted to travel to the USA, UK, etc.
- For 4 to 11 years kids, this service is compulsory, and the fare will be included in the ticket price.
- The service is optional for children between 12 to 17 years. They can request this service from the airline for an Air France unaccompanied minor fee. However, the fee varies based on the distance traveled.
- Direct flight – €50
- One or more connections – €100
- One can view the details of the trip on the airline’s mobile app.
- Air France will connect you 7 days prior to the departure to notify you about the kid’s journey.
- Moreover, you can track the real-time journey of your kid directly from your smartphone.
- You can visit the airline’s official site of the airline to confirm the booking for your kid.
- Furthermore, you have to fill out the unaccompanied minor of Air France during the check-in. You can avoid this last–minute stress by filling out the form in advance.
Keep all these points in mind related to the unaccompanied minor policy, and let them fly smoothly.
How to book an unaccompanied minor with Air France?
Booking an unaccompanied minor with Air France is no big hassle because you can confirm the booking in a couple of clicks. Moreover, you can make the booking through multiple methods. Let’s take a look at the methods of booking an unaccompanied minor with the airline.
Via official site
- One of the easiest ways to book tickets for your child is through the official website of the airline.
- Firstly, go to the “Unaccompanied Minor” page of the airline. There you will find the “Book Online Now” option.
- On the new page, you will see the extensive search engine.
- Enter all the requested details in the given fields.
- Ensure to enter unaccompanied minor age correctly to book Air France services for your kid.
- Search for the available flights.
- After that, choose a suitable flight from the list, and plan a hassle-free trip for your kid.
Via mobile app
- Another way to confirm the booking for your kid is to install the mobile app of the airline.
- Let the airline know that your kid is traveling alone, and confirm the flight booking easily.
- After that, you will have to complete the unaccompanied minor form to purchase flight tickets.
- However, make sure to go through the Air France minor policy in advance for a pleasant trip with the airline.
If you need any kind of assistance regarding the booking procedure, get in touch with the airline agents.
Preparation for the trip
After making a booking for your kid, it is time to make the needed preparations for the peaceful kid’s journey.
- Ensure to check the entry and travel requirements for the destination your kid is traveling to.
- Moreover, you need to keep the important documents handy during the check-in procedure. The required documents are-
- Identity card
- Unaccompanied minor form
- Contact information of the person coming to pick up the child
- Moreover, you can easily make changes to your current booking through the Air France manage booking option.
- Bring 2 copies of your child’s itinerary at the airport if they are going on a direct flight.
- If your kid has a connecting flight, then 3 or 4 copies of the kid’s itinerary are needed.
- Kids traveling to the USA must submit a customs declaration upon reaching there.
Air France allows kids to travel on connecting flights as well. Flights connection for kids are possible at
- Paris-Orly (ORY)
- Paris-Charles de Gaulle (CDG)
- Lyon (LYS)
On some connection routes, solo kids traveling is not allowed. Some routes where solo travel is not permitted are-
- Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates
At the airport
- If you wish to check in online for your kid, go to the airline’s official site. You can check in online 30 hours prior to the flight departure.
- During online check-in, you will receive the confirmation documents from the airline. You have to show that document at the check-in counter on the day of travel.
- Try to arrive at the airport at least 30 minutes before the departure.
- Moreover, there are check-in guidelines for different locations. Make sure to check all these guidelines to avoid unwanted hassle at the airport.
- You will meet the Air France flight attendant at the check-in counter. Moreover, the staff member will accompany your child to the flight.
On the flight
- Once your kid boards the flight, the flight attendants will take good care of all children available on the flight.
- Moreover, kids can enjoy movies, cartoons, and games if they are going on an international trip.
- Furthermore, the staff members will treat the kids to gifts so they can pass their time pleasurably.
- Additionally, kids can access a range of magazines if they have a smartphone along with them.
- Kids will be among the last ones to deboard the flight.
- One of the Air France staff members will take the kid to the gate and release them to the designated person.
- Moreover, the parent or guardian will receive a message from the airline informing them about the estimated arrival time.
- The designated person for pickup must show a passport or a valid ID with a clear picture.
Navigating through the skies can be a fun experience for your kids if they travel with Air France. Use the Air France unaccompanied minor program, and gift an amazing trip to your kid. The airline makes sure that kids are safe and comfortable throughout the flight. So plan a trip for your kids with Air France, and they are guaranteed to make the most of their time with the airline.