Will Turkish Airlines Allow Me To Change Flights After Booking?
Yes, Turkish Airlines will allow customers to change their flights after booking them. But, whether there will be a fee or not depends on the Turkish Airlines change flight rules. Customers can change their fares to a higher cabin class through upgrades as well. However, if you wish to alter the flight date, time, or schedule, you should know about your fare terms and conditions. You should also know all your passenger rights if the airline changes your departure to another time or date. Find all this information in the below subsections and be prepared for any unwanted situation where you can’t help but change your flight.
Do I Need to Pay a Ticket Service Fee to Change Turkish Airlines Flight?
Yes, if you want to change your flight date or time with Turkish Airlines, they will charge you a ticket service fee. This fee may vary based on your flight route and cabin class, but it exists with almost every ticket you book, be it domestic or international, promotions or flexibility. This is a non-refundable fee, and you can not get any rebate options at any chance.
Can I Change My Online Reservation with Turkish Airlines?
Yes, you can change your online reservations with Turkish Airlines and choose a new flight schedule as per the situation. The airline will allow you to make the changes if you booked your flight with them or any of their partners directly from official channels. You might not find a change flight option directly on their website, but you can still make changes through manage bookings.
Now, let’s see how you can change a Turkish Airlines ticket.
How do I change my flight with Turkish Airlines?
You can simply use the Turkish Airlines manage booking tool or call their customer service for flight changes. Or, check these simple steps below To change a flight ticket or schedule on Turkish Airlines hassle-free:
- Locate the official website or visit www.turkishairlines.com on your device.
- Now, on the homepage, select the Manage Booking/Check-in option.
- Here, provide the Ticket number or reservation code with your surname as per the ticket.
- Click the right-pointed red arrow, and you will view all your flight segments under this number.
- Choose the flight you wish to change to and follow the screen prompts to make the necessary changes.
- You can also check the associated charges and eligibility for the new flight in the same process.
- Complete the changes and look forward to your new schedule.
The airline sends you a confirmation email to your registered account with the updated flight details. You can even change your Turkish Airlines flight for free if you have a fully flexible fare and you are already in a higher cabin class. But before that, check out the airline’s flight change rules.
How Much is the Turkish Airlines Change Flight Fee?
Turkish Airlines will charge you a fee to change your flights which varies for domestic and international flights. According to the airline’s flight change rules, their fee for changing domestic flights is somewhat between TRY 200 and TRY 600. On the other hand, the international flight change fee is around 60 to 70 USD/EURO.
You can contact the airline directly on the Turkish Airlines phone number to change a flight and also understand the fees and other associated rules.
What is the Turkish Airlines Change Flight Policy?
When you change a flight with Turkish Airlines, sometimes there is a fee, and other times, it is free; that all depends on the airline’s policy. You need to understand each fare term and condition for making changes to your flights with the airline to get the best options. Let’s check the airline’s policy for each fare in detail:
Changing Domestic Flights with Turkish Airlines
- You can not change a flight if less than one hour is left for the departure.
- To change an Ecofly ticket within 1 to 12 hours prior to take off will cost you TRY 400, Extrafly – TRY 350 fee, and the difference in fare, if any.
- To change a domestic flight 12 hours or more before departure, Ecofly fares cost a TRY 350 fee, and ExtraFly costs you TRy 225 fee, with a fare difference, if applicable.
- If the time is less than 1 to 12 hours away, you may be asked for a fee to change a Northern Cyprus Ercan Turkish Republic flight.
- Ecofly- TRY 575
- Extrafly- TRY 500
- If time is over 12 hours, the charges are TRY 500 and TRY 400 for Ecofly & Extrafly, respectively.
- One can not change a flight after its departure
- You can not choose an international flight in exchange for a domestic flight.
- The airline’s change flight rule will apply to a connection flight as well.
- Changing Primefly or Business class ticket does not charge you a penalty, but a difference in fare.
Let’s continue to view the flight change rules for an International Turkish Airlines flight and the fee charged to choose a new date.
Changing International Flights with Turkish Airlines
- International Ecofly tickets do not permit change unless the reason is due to an involuntary change of schedule.
- You can pay 60 EUR or 70 USD to change your ExtraFly or Business Fly tickets, depending on your route.
- PrimeFly tickets can be changed to an earlier flight on the same day without penalty. The fare difference will still be applicable if it is present.
- BusinessPrime tickets can be changed for free on the same day before the departure of the flight.
- Whether you can change a promotion fare or not depends on the route and class of flight.
- A semi-flexible Turkish Airlines flight is changeable for a penalty fee and fare difference, if any.
- A flexible ticket is eligible for a free change.
You can check the price to change a Turkish Airlines flight, be it a promotion, flexible, or semi-flexible ticket, before confirming the change in schedule.
What Happens When Turkish Airlines Changes My Flight?
If you are experiencing an involuntary change in your flight schedule due to operational reasons or any other reason in the airline’s control, you can cancel or change it accordingly. In case of change due to involuntary reasons, you are entitled to change tickets for no penalty. The airline usually gives you a new flight, but if it does not suit you, you can change the flight or obtain a refund from the airline.
- Passengers may be offered an alternative flight to their destination if it arrives within a certain time frame.
- The time frame is two hours for flights up to 1,500 kilometers, three hours for flights between 1,500 and 3,500 kilometers, and four hours for flights longer than 3,500 kilometers.
The offer that the airline makes can vary based on the passenger’s ticket and route. Consult with the Turkish Airlines customer service agent for more information on this.
You can find a new flight date or schedule in these simple steps and by following the above Turkish Airlines change flight rules, you will have the best options. Speak with a Turkish Airlines customer service agent or connect to the Tripohlz team for better information on this service.