Does Hawaiian Airlines Allow Online Flight Changes?
As of now, Hawaiian Airlines does not have any online self-service flight change option on their website or mobile app. However, the airline is making changes to the structure, and there will soon be an option to change a flight online. For now, you can contact their reservations team and change Hawaiian Airlines flights with the help of an airline representative.
According to the Hawaiian Airlines change flight rules, you can make changes to your tickets without any fees, but some conditions may apply based on your fare type. Although flight changes are not a pleasant experience, there are times when you need to change your schedule. If you want more details on Hawaiian Airlines restrictions for changing flights and the associated charges or fees, read more.
What is Hawaiian Airlines Change Flight Policy?[w.e.f. Feb 2023]
If you are trying to make a voluntary change to your Hawaiian Airlines ticket, some standard rules may apply. You can not change your tickets online as of now, but Hawaiian Airlines has the following conditions for requesting a schedule change or more:
- You can only change the flight’s date, time, or schedule, and not your route or destination.
- The airline may permit you to make minor changes to the passenger names, like name corrections or legal name changes.
- The airline does not allow passengers to transfer their tickets to someone else.
- For changing Main Cabin, Business Class, or First Class tickets, there is no change fee, but a fare difference is necessary.
- You will not get a refund when the new ticket costs less than the original fare, but if the new fare is high, you need to pay the difference.
- The airline does not allow you to fly Standby on their other flights.
Note: If you want to change the time of the flight to an earlier one, you can only do it when Hawaiian Airlines verifies the space availability on the plane. You can not fly or make changes on the same day unless there is an empty seat on the new flight you want.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Rules for Interisland Web Special Fares
Interisland web-special fare tickets only have validity to travel between the Hawaiian Islands. The following rules apply for changes:
- The airline does not charge a fee for flight changes.
- You need to clear a fare difference when the new ticket costs more than the original fare.
- The airline won’t give refunds if the new flight cost is less than the original fare.
Usually, Main Cabin Basic fares are nonchangeable unless stated otherwise. You can only make changes to such tickets within the 24-hour flight change rule on Hawaiian Airlines. (24-hour rules also require your flight’s departure should be at least 7 days after or more.)
How Do I Change My Hawaiian Airlines Flight Ticket?
You can change your Hawaiian Airlines flight by calling their customer service phone number, 1-800-367-5320. The airline allows you to request changes directly from their reservations team. To understand their flight change process in detail, take a look at the steps below:
- Open their official website and find the Hawaiian Airlines “Contact Us” section.
- Look for the Call option and find their phone number: 1-800-367-5320 (active 24/7).
- Make a call and follow the IVR menu.
- Select the Change Flight option to connect to a dedicated representative.
- Provide him with your itinerary information and the reason for changing the flight.
- He will find some suitable options for you.
- Check fare terms and select your new flight ticket.
- Pay all the necessary charges and differences in fare to confirm your new schedule.
After confirming the flight schedule with the airline representative, you will receive a confirmation email with the updated ticket details. This can help you confirm the flight change status directly through Hawaiian Airlines.
Sometimes, the call wait times are too high that you need to wait around 2 hours on the phone before changing tickets. The airline is planning to launch an online change service, which will help you use the Hawaiian Airlines Manage Booking tool for changing tickets online. Until then, you can use other ways to contact the reservations department and make flight changes without spending too much time on the call.
How Much is the Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Fees?
Hawaiian Airlines has added a change fee waiver for most of the fares, excluding its Main Cabin basic fare type. So, if you are looking forward to change your flight with Hawaiian Airlines, there won’t be a fee on Main Cabin, Business, and First Class fares.
Not having additional flight change charges does not mean you can do it for free. There is a fare difference and some miscellaneous charges based on the time left for the flight’s departure and new ticket cost. Passengers have to clear this fare difference in order to complete the flight change when the new ticket is higher in price. Remember that this fee is not a charge but the cost of your new flight.
Can I Change My Flight Route or Destination with Hawaiian Airlines?
Yes, you can request a reroute from Hawaiian Airlines, but some fare conditions may apply. There are some fares on Hawaiian Airlines that do not allow you to change flight routes, even if you are flying to Maui, Kona, etc. However, the airline will permit rerouting for eligible fares if:
- You provide the airline with your unused ticket or any pending unused portion of the same.
- You are ready to pay the applicable fee, fare differences, and other charges for rerouting.
If you change your travel plans before reaching your final destination, the new fare and charges will be based on the original ticket’s cost for the revised itinerary. Hawaiian Airlines will either refund or collect from you, as needed, the difference between the fare and charges for the new itinerary and those for your original ticket.
Please note that this does not apply if you are changing your plans due to a flight being delayed, canceled, or changed. Also, both reservations should be with Hawaiian Airlines itself to withstand this rerouting.
Does Hawaiian Airlines allow Same-Day Standby Changes?
Yes, if you are trying to get on an earlier Neighbor Island flight on the same day, you can do it for free. However, not all passengers qualify for same-day standby changes and there are additional conditions. You can change the flight to a same-day standby ticket if you are:
- Pualani Platinum member
- A Corporate customer booked through the Corporate Web Portal
- Pualani Gold Member
However, the airline will not let you standby if you already checked your bags for the confirmed flight and the standby flight you want is departing within 30 minutes or less. If you can not find a proper flight change option, or the difference is too high, it’s better to cancel your flights. Check the Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation policy before you move on to cancel tickets.
That’s how Flight change works on Hawaiian Airlines. You can request a flight change after following the policy above and confirming your new tickets with the airline. For more details, you can also get in touch with Tripohlz and find out all the details or changing flights.