Does KLM Allow Customers To Change Their Existing Flight Bookings?
Yes, KLM allows customers to change their flight bookings online through their website. They can access the “My Trips” section and review flights with the airline. The KLM Flight Change Policy allows customers to make changes to the travel date, flight departure timings, and destinations on flights booked via KLM, Delta, and Air France.
Change in plans is often inevitable, but with KLM’s smooth procedures and flight change rules, you can change your travel itineraries, including date, place, and time, without much hassle. To know more about how you can change a flight, check the below subsections and make proper adjustments.
What is a changeable ticket on KLM?
A changeable ticket on KLM Airlines means the type of ticket that you can change without incurring any charges or complex procedures. Usually, KLM standard and flex tickets are easily changeable because there are no fees at all.
However, the Economy light ticket has the most restrictions for changes. It’s better to follow the KLM 24-hour cancellation policy to cancel such tickets for full refunds and then rebook the new flight deal.
KLM Change Flight Process- How Do You Change Your Flights?
Before you proceed to check the rules, take some time and understand the KLM change flight process. The KLM flexible ticket change policy allows you to change your flights online and adjust dates, times, schedules, etc. If you are a passenger with KLM, you can make adjustments to your flight timings as follows:
- Open the official KLM website and log in.
- Or, directly open the “My Trip” option.
- After that, either log in to view your trip details or use your booking information.
- Once you are logged in, check the current flight details and click “Change Flight”
- Follow the screen instructions and continue to the next page.
- Here, choose your new flight and time.
- Confirm the selection and check for the fare difference,
- Pay any dues if applicable and confirm.
After these steps, KLM will send you a flight change confirmation with updated details of your flight. You can use this information to print your boarding pass and avail more options. Call the KLM phone number to change your flight, if you have more queries for the same.
What is The KLM Flight Change Policy?
KLM has a very simple and generous policy for customers who wish to make changes to their current flight details. The airline requires you to change your flight and pay the difference in fare if the new ticket price is higher than the initial booking.
- You will get the best available options automatically; just choose Change flight on the KLM website.
- The KLM customer service center will not be able to offer you an alternative flight. So, you may prefer to make changes online.
- If you have already checked in for your flight, you may first cancel your check-in and then change the scheduled ticket.
- To change your group travel ticket for 10 or more passengers, you must first connect with the airline for assistance.
- If there are two or more passengers(up to 9), you can easily make the changes through the given flight change methods.
- To change the Flying Blue Award Ticket with KLM, you must contact the airline at +1-800-375-8723 and speak to the dedicated customer service team.
- If you want to change a KLM flight for one passenger, you can also connect with the airline’s customer service team.
- It is mandatory to pay the fare difference if there is any. Additionally, changing tickets may result in extra charges besides the fare difference.
This is the general policy for changing KLM Airlines tickets. If you wish to change your itinerary because of COVID 19, check the KLM change flight policy for the same. The overall situation has been dried down, so you may not be able to get proper options, but still, giving it a shot is worth it.
What happens to My Booking Extras when I change Flights with KLM?
If you change a flight with KLM, all the extras will automatically be on the new flight. Well, when you select some extra options on your original flight, the airline books the same one for the flight you change to. However, remember that the overall price for these extra options can be higher.
When the new flight’s extras cost more than the previous one’s, you must pay the amount. If you do not want to pay the extra costs, you can cancel these options. Remember that the airline also offers you a voucher option for the remaining value when the extras on a new flight cost less than the original booking.
What Happens When KLM Gives Me an Automatic Re-Booking?
There are cases where KLM has to cancel your original flight due to several underlying reasons. However, one thing KLM does right is to book you on an alternate flight available for your destination. This means if the original booking faces involuntary cancellation under the airline’s control, KLM will rebook your canceled flight for you.
However, if you do not like the option given by the airline, you can choose your own preference by changing flights through KLM manage booking service. Follow the similar steps of Change Flight through My Trips and request another booking than the one airline offered you.
How Much Do I Need to Pay to Change a KLM Flight?
The cost of changing a KLM flight depends on several factors. Your route, ticket, type, and travel class all equally affect the flight change costs. Over this, your new flight price can be higher than the original one. In this case, you should pay the difference in fare. But when the new flight costs less than the initial booking, you can receive a voucher for the fare difference price.
To understand the KLM flight change fee, check the subsection below and decide to change flights accordingly.
Flight Change Fee for KLM flights within Europe
If you are flying within Europe in Economy Class here’s what you must know about each fare type:
- For Economy Light Tickets, you need to pay a 100 EURO charge on changing in addition to the fare difference, if any.
- A standard or flex ticket change is possible without any fees, but a fare difference will apply if it exists.
The Economy light flight tickets can only be changed when departing from the following locations:
Let’s check the flight change costs for other locations!
Traveling Between Africa and Europe?
If you have a light ticket in Economy, you can change a flight for a EUR 200 fee with an applicable fare difference. However, the Standard and Flex Tickets do not incur any fees except the difference in fare, if any exists.
How many times can I change my flight on KLM?
As per the KLM and other online website information, you can make changes to a KLM flight booking a maximum of three times before departure. Your original ticket retains its value up to 1 year from the date of issue. So, make sure to check the details with a customer service agent b
Can I Change my KLM Flights Booked Via Travel Agents?
If you booked through a travel agent, please contact them first as they have all the necessary information to arrange the refund. You can find their contact details on their website. Alternatively, you can get in touch with the company for more information. Unfortunately, the online refund system cannot be used in this case. Review the KLM schedule change policy for travel agents before you actually change your flight’s schedule, or destination.
With the KLM Airlines change in flight policy, modifying your bookings has never been easier. You can easily connect with their team of airline experts or reach out to Tripohlz for a clear understanding of their various procedures. Don’t hesitate to contact us using the provided details for a prompt response to your queries.