Does Turkish Airlines Allow Flight Cancellation?
Yes, Turkish Airlines allows customers to cancel their flights. However, the refund depends. If you have an Ecofly fare with Turkish Airlines, you might not be able to cancel it after the 24-hour window. However, the Turkish Airlines cancellation policy clearly states that you can cancel a flight with them for free or for a certain fee, depending on the type of fare you have purchased.
If you want to know more about cancellations or cancel your flights, check the airline’s official website or read below the basic terms and conditions set by the airline.
What is the Turkish Airlines Cancellation Policy in 2023?
If you are looking forward to cancel your flights in 2023, Turkish Airlines has defined its cancellation policy on its official website for each fare. However, some general rules apply to all fare types. Here are the basic rules that you must be aware of:
- In no situation whatsoever Turkish Airlines will refund the service fees charged for ticketing upon flight cancellations.
- You must cancel or refund your flights up to one hour before the scheduled flight departure. (except for Ecofly tickets)
- All the cancellation rules and refund conditions apply to Turkish Airlines flights operated by itself or AnadoluJet.
- Your connection flights also fall under the same cancellation rules as general flights.
- You can directly cancel a flight and claim refunds from the official website if you purchased a flight from Turkish Airlines.
- The fare type indicates whether you will be charged a cancellation fee or not.
- You can not get a refund on the penalty charged for cancellation in any situation.
These are the general rules associated with ticket cancellation on Turkish Airlines, and how the airline imposes charges or penalties. Read more to find out the cancellation rules for different fare types of the airline.
Turkish Airlines Flight Cancellation Rules for EcoFly Tickets
- No cancellations or refunds are possible within 12 hours of domestic flights between Türkiye and Northern Cyprus-Ercan.
- Cancellation and refund transactions made 12 or more hours prior to domestic flights incur a deduction of TRY 400.
- Cancellation and refund procedures for flights between Türkiye and Northern Cyprus-Ercan made 12 or more days prior to the flight will incur a deduction of TRY 750.
- If the flight right is not used (no-show), you can not get a refund but get airport tax back.
Note: Travel Class Q/T/L/V/P/W/U will remain non-refundable in EcoFly bookings. If you booked international flights, check the Turkish Airlines cancellation policy for the same.
Turkish Airlines Policy for ExtraFly Tickets Cancellation
- Please note that tickets with less than 1 hour remaining before departure for the flights cannot be canceled or refunded.
- Canceling a flight that is less than 1-12 hours away, you need to pay a TRY 425 charge plus a ticketing service fee, and the remaining amount comes as a refund.. Please note that V/P/W/U class tickets are not eligible for refunds.
- If the scheduled Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus-Ercan flight time is less than 1-12 hours away, passengers may cancel or refund their ticket, but a penalty fee of TRY 550 will be charged. Please note that W/U class tickets are not eligible for refunds.
- For flights scheduled more than 12 hours from the time of cancellation, you can pay a TRY 375 charge and cancel your flight. After this deduction is added to the ticketing service cost, you will get a refund.
- If the scheduled flight from the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus-Ercan is more than 12 hours away, passengers may cancel their ticket and receive a refund, but with a penalty fee of TRY 500.
- The refunded amount will be the original cost of the ticket minus the ticketing servicing fee.
- However, if the passenger does not show up for the flight, a refund cannot be issued after the flight. Only landing charges will be refunded in this case.
If you want full refunds on Turkish Airlines Flight Cancellation, check their 24-hour policy and make proper changes accordingly.
Turkish Airlines Flight Cancellation Rules for Primefly Tickets
- Refunds are not possible for tickets within an hour of departure.
- For a Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus-Ercan flight, canceling less than an hour before departure means no refund. If the scheduled flight is less than 12 hours away, you can cancel with a penalty fee of TRY 500.
- No penalty fee is applied if the scheduled flight is more than 12 hours away.
- If the scheduled flight is less than 1 hour away, a deduction of TRY 375 will be applicable. Fare differences will be collected separately or refunded.
- The airline does not charge any fees for canceling a flight 12 or more hours before the take-off.
- A no-show means you will only get landing charges and no ticket refunds.
In case you can not show up due to COVID or other medical reasons, review the Turkish Airlines flight cancellation policy associated with medical emergencies.
Turkish Airlines Cancellation Rules for Business Fares
- Refunds are not possible for tickets within an hour of departure.
- If the scheduled flight is within 12 hours, passengers can cancel with a penalty fee and receive a refund minus the ticketing service fee of TRY 625.
- For flights scheduled less than 1 to 12 hours, you need to pay an 1100 TRY charge to get refunds.
- No penalty is applicable for canceling flights more than 12 hours before the departure.
- A no-show means you will only get landing charges and taxes back and no ticket refunds.
As per the Turkish Airlines refund policy, if you are canceling a Business class fare in 2023, remember to check their international cancellation rules before you complete the process.
What is Turkish Airlines Policy for Cancelling International Tickets?
If you have an international flight with Turkish Airlines, here are the details that you should know about:
- EcoFly tickets cannot be changed, canceled, or refunded.
- ExtraFly tickets can be changed for a fee but are non-refundable.
- PrimeFly ticket refunds require a 120 EUR/140 USD deduction.
- You can reissue BusinessFly tickets c for EUR 60/USD 70 but can’t ask for a refund right away.
- BusinessPrime tickets offer free changes and refunds with no deductions.
There are some additional rules for Flexible and Semi-Flexible Tickets that you should know about. Let’s find out:
Canceling Semi-Flexible or Flexible Turkish Airlines Tickets:
- You can cancel them before the flight, but there may be some deductions depending on the time of cancellation.
- Cancellations after the flight only provide you a refund amount after deduction of the already taken flight amount from the overall tickets. This generally refers to the cancellation of a return flight after taking the first leg of the itinerary.
The above policy applies to the Turkish Airlines Ecofly, Extrafly, and Prime Fly tickets and business flights. If you have a promotions ticket with any of the options, you can’t cancel or get a refund on flights.
How to Cancel Flights with Turkish Airlines?
If you are looking forward to cancel your flight with Turkish Airlines, you can easily do it online. Simply use the Turkish Airlines manage booking tool to change/cancel a flight and get a refund by making a request.
- Visit the Turkish Airlines website and click on the “Manage” tab.
- Enter your reservation code and last name to access your booking.
- Select the flight you want to cancel and click on the “Cancel Flight” button.
- Follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation and choose whether you want a refund or a flight voucher.
- If you choose a refund, the amount will be credited back to your original payment method within a few business days.
- If you choose a flight voucher, you can use it to book a new flight on Turkish Airlines within the next year.
The airline will send you a cancellation confirmation to your original email, and you can keep this information for future reference.
That’s all about canceling flights and the cancellation policy for Turkish Airlines. Connect with the Tripohlz team if you want additional insights, or consult the experts at the airline.