Want your kid to fly solo with confidence? Searching for the right airline that can be your kid’s travel partner for the first-ever solo trip? Well, your search ends at JetBlue Airlines. From take-off to landing, the airline promises to take good care of your child. Learn about the JetBlue unaccompanied minor program, and allow your kid to take the hassle out of their trip.
Parents do feel hesitant when they have to send their little ones alone on the flight. Therefore, this policy has been launched to facilitate parents with peace of mind. All the unaccompanied minors will have fun on the JetBlue flight, and they will be safely transferred to the final destination. Ready to send your child alone on the flight, but first, want to explore the policy in detail? If yes, read out the following blog carefully.
What is the JetBlue unaccompanied minor policy?
Do you wish to book tickets for your lovely kid on the flight? Firstly, you must check out the JetBlue rules for unaccompanied minors and avoid any kind of hassle in the future. Multiple rules and guidelines are associated with this policy that are a must to explore. So, let’s have a look at the policy in detail.
- This special service of JetBlue is offered for kids of age 5 to 14 years who are flying alone.
- 15 year old, 16 year old, and 17 year old who are flying alone can also benefit from this policy. The unaccompanied minor service is optional for kids from 15 to 17 years.
- However, JetBlue allows only 3 children on the flight due to safety concerns.
- Moreover, unaccompanied minors can’t travel on JetBlue flights from and to Europe and the UK.
- $150 is the JetBlue unaccompanied minor fee, and it will be charged per person. For both domestic and international flights, the fee is the same.
- This fee will be added to the total fare of your JetBlue booking.
- JetBlue Airlines lets unaccompanied minors only on nonstop flights.
- The person dropping off and picking up the child at the airport must have valid ID proof.
What is the JetBlue Airlines age requirement?
Kids from 5 to 14 years of age can avail benefits of this policy. Simply put, 5-14 years is the JetBlue unaccompanied minor age. And kids of this age group can avail benefits from this policy. The service is entirely optional for the 15-17 years age group.
Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Nonstop, connecting, or layovers of not more than 2 hours
Additional unaccompanied minor travel guidelines
In addition to the above-mentioned rules, there are some additional guidelines that you should know.
Connecting flights and other airlines
As mentioned, the JetBlue unaccompanied minor service is available only on nonstop flights. Kids can’t fly on connecting flights alone with JetBlue Airlines. Moreover, they can’t even travel on direct flights that make a stop, but passengers don’t need to change their flights.
Moreover, the unaccompanied minors can’t even travel on JetBlue flights that connect them with other airlines’ flights. The airline will not escort your child to flights connecting with other airlines. So make sure to book tickets for your child on a nonstop flight.
If you have made JetBlue unaccompanied minor booking for an international flight, then you must know certain guidelines of the particular country. Each country has a different documentation process. Therefore, you must check out the travel requirements in advance and submit the required documentation.
The little ones can’t travel on flights from and to Europe and the United Kingdom.
How to book unaccompanied minors on JetBlue Airlines?
Don’t have much time to confirm a flight ticket for your kid? You don’t have to worry at all because the airline offers the simplest procedure to book flight tickets. All you have to do is make a couple of clicks on the official site to get the JetBlue booking done in no time. Moreover, one can use offline ways as well to make a reservation with ease. After submitting all the details, pay the JetBlue unaccompanied minor cost, and you are done. Let’s check out different ways to book unaccompanied minors with the airline.
Via official site
- Firstly, go to the official website of JetBlue Airlines.
- Secondly, you need to add all the required details in the extensive search engine.
- Follow the normal booking procedure; just make sure to choose “Children (Under 14)” in the number of flyers field.
- After submitting all the details, click on the “Search Flights” icon.
- A window will pop up on your screen with the message that you are making a booking for the unaccompanied minor.
- Choose “Continue Flight Results” to confirm the unaccompanied minor travel with JetBlue.
- Now, click “Next” and check out the price summary.
- Add the personal details of your kid, and complete the payment process.
- The booking for your kid is confirmed now.
- After that, you have to fill out the consent form from the official site itself.
- After the official site, there is an offline way to book flight tickets for your kid traveling alone.
- You can anytime dial the phone number of any airline to share the booking details of your little one.
- The JetBlue executives will help you with the booking process without any delay.
- So, dial the JetBlue unaccompanied minor phone number without any second thoughts, and book conveniently.
- Moreover, if your child is disabled and traveling alone, you must inform the airline executives in advance. The agents will book the required seat for your child then.
- Moreover, the executives will fill out the consent form on your behalf.
At the airport
- You can even go to the reservation desk at the airport to confirm the flight booking for your kid.
- For domestic travel, you can book tickets 2 hours prior to the departure and 3 hours before for international travel.
- However, there is no surety that the booking will be confirmed as it totally depends upon availability.
- Moreover, check out the JetBlue ID requirements for minors, and share the relevant documents.
- After the completion of the reservation process, fill out the consent form.
What is the JetBlue unaccompanied minor form?
After confirming the flight booking for your kid, you have to fill out the unaccompanied minor form. This is basically a consent form, which should be filled out prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- Parents or guardians will find this form on the official JetBlue website.
- You can complete the form online or download the JetBlue unaccompanied minor form pdf.
- Ensure to enter all the asked information correctly.
- After completing the form, print 3 copies of the form, and bring them to the airport.
- Moreover, the airline agents will help you fill out this form if you are at the airport or booking tickets over the call.
- Please ensure that the name of the parents or guardians dropping and picking up the child is the same on the consent form as on their photo ID proofs.
JetBlue Unaccompanied Minors Onboard Experience
After knowing how you can book unaccompanied minors, you should know about what your child’s experience would be like onboard. Here are some of the details:
Seating for Unaccompanied Minors
Seats are where little travelers find their place on the airplane. JetBlue has specially designated seats for unaccompanied minors. As an additional safety precaution, they are seated at the back of the aircraft, allowing the attentive inflight crew to assist whenever needed.
In-Flight Assistance for Unaccompanied Minors
Flying alone can be a new experience for young travelers. That’s why the airline’s dedicated crew members are there to lend a helping hand throughout the journey. Whether it’s providing reassurance, helping with meals, or guiding them through inflight entertainment options, they make children feel comfortable and cared for at all times.
What are JetBlue Travel Guidelines for Unaccompanied minors?
- Unaccompanied minors embark on exciting adventures with JetBlue through nonstop flights. They can not travel on connecting flights that include layovers or stopovers requiring waiting at other airports.
- While unaccompanied minors enjoy the convenience of nonstop flights, connecting flights and other airlines have specific guidelines in place.JetBlue does not offer any escort service for minors.
- The airline does not allow minors on codeshare or interline flight bookings.
- JetBlue takes pride in offering international travel opportunities to unaccompanied minors. However, international travel comes with additional documentation requirements.
- A notarized letter of consent from the parents
- Proper documentation of permission
- JetBlue flights to and from the UK/Europe do not accept unaccompanied minors right now.
Always check with a JetBlue agent before you confirm a booking for unaccompanied minors on JetBlue. Being extra careful will help you get the best services and also guarantee the safety of your child while he travels alone.
JetBlue unaccompanied minor ID requirements
However, the ID requirements vary based on certain factors, such as the type of trip, booking class, and route of your travel. However, some common documents that are required for unaccompanied minors flying with JetBlue Airlines are-
- The consent form copies
- Photo ID proof of guardians and parents
- Contact details of the guardian at the departure city and arrival city
- Age proof of the unaccompanied minor.
If your child is between 5 and 14 years who is traveling alone, you must book through the JetBlue unaccompanied minor service. The policy ensures a safe experience for your child and peace of mind for you. Please note that there is an additional fee to avail benefits of this service. Pay the minimal amount, book tickets for your kid, and let them enjoy their journey to the fullest.