How to make a British Airways Group Booking?
Planning a group booking for large or small groups? Take the hassle out of planning group trips by booking them on British Airways. The flag carrier of the UK makes it easier for you to book and travel with your group under a single booking. Let’s find out more about traveling in groups with British Airways and the airline’s policy in detail.
How Do I Travel with My Group on BA Flights?
British Airways, or simply BA, has different requirements for traveling in groups under their Economy, premium economy, and business class bookings. If you want to travel with your group on a BA flight, here are the details:
- For Economy, BA only allows at least 10 people or more to book their group tickets.
- Business and Premium Economy groups can consist of at least 7 or more people.
- Remember that this group size does not count infants below 2 years old and group members.
If you qualify for the same, you can continue with the group booking process and reserve your tickets with British Airways.
How Do I Request a Group Quote from British Airways?
If you want a group booking quote from BA, you must follow the link associated with your country of origin, as the overall process varies depending on the same. Here are the details to request a quote from the airline:
- Go to the British Airways website (www.britishairways.com).
- Search for a Group Travel Page.
- Find the Request a Quote link in your dedicated country.
- Fill out the group quote form.
- Make sure to fill all the fields marked with an asterisk(*).
- Enter your details, and your flight details outbound and inbound information.
- Choose whether you wish to sign up for exclusive offers or not.
- Complete the form and submit it.
- Wait to receive your group quote.
Remember that this form is only available for travelers booking flights individually. For travel agents booking group travel for their clients, the www.batraveltrade.com site is available for group bookings.
After Receiving a Quote
Once you receive a group booking quote from British Airways, you can call their dedicated phone numbers within the specified operating hours. The airline will keep your flights secure for two weeks without a fee. Check the detailed policy based on your country to understand additional requirements for group booking on BA flights.
British Airways Group Booking Contacts:
- UK: 0344 493 0765 (Mon-Fri 8:30 AM to 5 PM)
- Ireland: 015 319 039 (Mon-Fri 8:30 AM to 5 PM)
- North America: l 1-844-209-1281 (toll-free)
North American customers can also email [email protected] by sending an email.
British Airways Group Travel Policy
If you book group travel flights for your friends, family, or colleagues, you must comply with the British Airways group booking policy. Here are the details:
Customers from the UK and Ireland
- You can secure your group booking for two weeks by requesting a quote.
- The actual time of payment depends on how many days before departure you request the booking.
- For group bookings more than 12 weeks before departure, the two-week deadline is for a 20% partial payment.
- Make full payment 8 weekends before departure to complete the flight booking.
- If 12 to 8 weeks are left in departure, the airline won’t charge you any deposit fee but may require you to make full payment 8 weeks before departure.
- Provide passenger details up to two weeks before departure.
- If 8 to 2 weeks are remaining in departure, you need to pay for group tickets in full.\
- When you book tickets within 2 weeks before departure and date of travel, you have to pay in full.
- Change of flight dates or seat upgrades requires a per-passenger charge.
- Name changes are available for free before tickets are issued, and after that, a fee applies.
Customers from North America
- You can secure your flights for two weeks without any extra charge.
- For bookings made over 44 days prior to departure, you must pay a deposit within two weeks of booking confirmation.
- You can make full payments with proper passenger details 30 days before departure.
- Flights booked within 44 to 30 days before departure need a deposit at the time of booking, and full payment is due 30 days prior to departure.
- If you book just between 30 days before the date of departure and the actual travel date, you need to make full payment at the time of booking.
- Customers who booked with a travel agent can directly contact them for assistance.
Any customer from countries other than the listed ones can contact their local British Airways office and request a group booking through them. Find the British Airways group sales contact numbers and dial your local number to confirm your group flight tickets.
What Happens After Completing the Booking?
After completing the booking, British Airways will need group members to add the following information before their tickets are issued to finalize the rest of the formalities:
- Provide passenger names
- Advance passenger information(API)
- Choose your seats for a fee.
- Add more checked bags if needed.
The first two things are a mandatory requirement and you must do it at least two weeks before the departure. For the rest, you can contact your local service agent from British Airways for bookings.
That’s how you can make a group booking for traveling with 7-10 or more people, depending on your fare choice and other additional factors. If you fail to understand any of the conditions and requirements above, feel free to connect with the British Airways customer service team for more assistance.