How does Flight Cancellation Work on Volaris Airlines?
If you have a change of plans and you can not fly with Volaris Airlines anymore, you can cancel your flights and get a refund. The Volaris Airlines cancellation policy permits you to cancel or terminate your itinerary and get the booking amount back. So, if an unannounced emergency or a sudden office call is stopping you from traveling, with Volaris Airlines, you can feel at ease.
Volaris Airlines is a major carrier in Mexico and it tries to solve your troubles as soon as possible if you inform them in advance. So, you can cancel or even rebook your flights, or else, simply ask for refunds by following their convenient rules. Check out the details on the cancellation of flights and how to request a refund from Volaris Airlines below!
How Can I Cancel My Flight With Volaris Airlines?
The simple way to cancel your flights is using their convenient self-service option available on the website. However, you can also try to call them through your region and ask a Volaris Airlines customer service executive to help you. Here is a further explanation of the different methods to cancel a Volaris Airlines flight booking:
Online Flight Cancellation Via Volaris.com
- Open the volaris.com site.
- Enter their My Trips section.
- Provide your reservation code
- Enter your last name as in the ticket.
- Click “Go to My Reservation.”
- If you have an account, you can also log in.
- Click on the reservation you wish to cancel.
- Continue to follow screen prompts.
- Check the necessary details regarding cancellation.
- Confirm canceling your tickets.
Flight Cancellation via the Volaris Mobile App
- You can open the Volaris App on your device.
- Or, download it if you do not already have it.
- Login to your account and search “My trips.”
- Follow the screen instructions to cancel your tickets.
After these steps, whether you choose to cancel your booking via Volaris Airlines official website or mobile app, you will receive a confirmation email from the airline.
See Also: How do i change your Volaris Flight?
Offline Flight Cancellation via Customer Service
- Find the Volaris customer service number for your region.
- Give it a dial.
- Follow the automated voice menu.
- Choose to speak to a representative.
- Share your concerns.
- Tell him your necessary flight details and personal information.
- Ask him to cancel your flight.
- You can even ask him to explain the Volaris cancellation policy.
- Complete the cancellation and confirm.
Flight Cancellation Via Airport
- Visit your departure airport.
- Go to the Volaris Help Desk.
- Ask an agent to cancel your flight.
If you have a valid reason, and you have not obtained a boarding pass for the first segment of your flight, you can easily cancel it with Volaris Airlines. Just use any of the methods above and follow the simple steps to complete the process.
Where do I Call To Cancel my Volaris flight Immediately?
If you want to cancel a Volaris flight that you booked within the past 24 hours only, you can call the airline from your region directly. To make cancellations and refunds, you can contact Volaris Airlines customer service at the following phone numbers:
Mexico: 01 (55) 1102-8000
USA: 1 855 VOLARIS (8652747)
Costa Rica: 506-4002-7462
El Salvador: 503-2504-5540
For more, you can check other regions’ phone numbers, or contact them directly on their general customer service phone line. The airline agents will assist you with all your queries and help you cancel a flight. Now, let’s help you understand the cancellation policy of Volaris to make the process above even more convenient.
What is Volaris Airlines Cancellation Policy on Flights?
If you booked a flight with Volaris Airlines and now wish to cancel your booking, the following policy will apply. Read below to make sure that the cancellation does not affect your future trips and that the airline successfully processes your refund requests:
- You can cancel a domestic flight under the airline’s 24-hour cancellation policy and receive a full refund from Volaris Airlines.
- You can cancel flights departing within 24 hours of the booking by calling Volaris customer service up to 3 hours before departure.
- You can not cancel the second portion of your round-trip flights without taking the initial one.
- Only the flight portion from a Volaris vacation package (flight+hotel+car) can not be canceled.
- If you booked with a Travel Agency, you can only request refunds from them.
- To cancel any one segment of your round trip, you can try to call Volaris and inform them about it. They will protect it under some conditions.
- If you purchased a Plus Fare flight segment, as long as you do not check-in to get a boarding pass or document your flight, Volaris lets you cancel it up to 24 hours before departure.
- If you do not comply with the conditions mentioned above, the airline will not process your refund.
- Usually, Volaris takes around 7 to 10 business days to refund your booking. If you do not get a refund within the suggested time, you can call and check the status of your refund.
- When you are eligible for a refund, the airline processes it to your original form of payment unless the method does not allow it.
Besides these conditions, remember to provide valid information to Volaris to process cancellations and refunds. Let’s see the documents necessary to make your requests.
Documents Necessary For Flight Cancellation with Volaris
- Reservation Code
- Full name
- Registered email
- Copy of your official ID.
- A bank account detail to process the refund
Volaris Airlines 24 Hour Flight Cancellation Policy
As mentioned in the general rules for Volaris flight cancellation, if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of the booking, you can get a full refund. But conditions do apply. Here are the details:
- You can only cancel flights directly booked with Volaris.
- The departure of the flight should be at least 7 days apart from the time of booking.
If the above conditions apply and you cancel a domestic flight within this risk-free period of 24 hours after booking, you can get a refund. The airline will refund you in the original method of payment.
What if the flight departs within the next 24 hours of booking?
If your flight departs right within 24 hours of the booking, you can still cancel it, but you have to contact the Volaris flight cancellation department for it. You must do it up to 3 hours before the departure of the flight to process it smoothly. The airline has available phone numbers for different regions where you can call directly and cancel your booking.
You can easily cancel your Volaris Airlines with the provided information. If you still feel confused or need help, contact Volaris customer service or check with us the details. Our team will guide you towards your flight cancellation and help you get refunds at ease.