Does Volaris Have Unaccompanied Minors Service?
Yes, for little customers who do not have an adult traveling with them, Volaris Airlines offers an unaccompanied minors service. They run a Volaris is With You program for children below 18 years old to travel alone with them without a hassle. Although the minimum age to travel alone by plane is 18 years, Volaris unaccompanied minor service allows children from 5-18 to travel alone with proper supervision from their end.
If you are worried about how your child can travel miles away alone onboard, you can always take advantage of this program. Besides, Volaris customers enjoy a great experience in whichever service they choose. So, if you want to send your precious children alone, check out the Volaris Airlines policy for unaccompanied minors.
What Does Volaris Is With Your Service Include?
The “Volaris is with You” service includes assistance for unaccompanied minors beginning the moment they arrive at the airport. The overall service consists of:
- Assistance at the airport of origin
- Supervision and help during the flight
- Care until they arrive at their destination
However, Volaris unaccompanied minor service does not include transportation, whether it’s to or from outside the Airport premises.
How old do you have to be to fly alone on Volaris?
If you want to fly alone with Volaris Airlines, the minimum age requirement is 18 years old. However, if you take the “Volaris is With You” service, any child from 5 to 17 years old can fly without parental supervision.
Any child below the age of 18 is considered a minor. So, if your minor child has to travel on a Volaris plane all by himself, you need to book unaccompanied minor service for him and let him fly alone.
What are the Age requirements for Volaris unaccompanied minor service?
If you want to send your child through the Volaris is With You option to fly alone, you need to know the certain age requirements for their bookings. Here are the details:
0 to 4 years old- If your child is between 2-3 months and 4 years old, you can not send them to travel alone. Where any infant(0-2 years) can never fly alone, any child between 2 to 4 years can travel alone if there’s an accompanying family member between 13 to 17 years. This case concludes both the children as unaccompanied minors and you must use Volaris is With You service for both of them.
5 to 12 years old– Any Children of this age group are unaccompanied minors and must travel by booking Volaris is With You service. The service will include everything from airport assistance to transition between the planes for connections.
13 to 17 years old– For children between 13 years to 17 years old, the Volaris unaccompanied minor service requirements are optional. This means they can travel alone without a companion over the age of 18. However, if they want to check-in, someone who is an adult must accompany them to the counter with their printed boarding pass.
Remember that you need to provide a Volaris Child Travel Consent form when you book flights for unaccompanied children with the Volaris is With You service. The airline will only allow young children who have all the valid documentation.
What documents should Minors Present for Their Volaris Airlines Flights?
If you have booked a flight for unaccompanied minors, you must present these two mandatory documents for them to travel hassle-free.
- Their Birth Certificate
- A valid passport.
Volaris strictly states that they won’t accept photocopied or digital documents as identification. So, make sure to arrange these beforehand and make your child’s trip worryless. Use the Volaris Manage booking option to check if you need additional services or documents.
How Do I Purchase Volaris is With You Service for My Child?
To purchase the Volaris is With You service, you need to book your child’s travel plans without you or any other adult/guardian; you can use the online website or call their customer service. The airline also allows you to purchase this service at the airport ticket check-in counter. Follow these simple steps to book flights on the official website:
- Open the Volaris Airlines website
- Enter the booking section and select the trip type.
- Choose the origin and departure and include your preferred travel dates,
- Select the type of traveler: adult(over 13 years), Child (2-12 years), Baby(0-23 months).
- The next page is to choose your departure and return flights(for round trips).
- Now, select the seat using the seat map and continue to enter the child’s information.
- Here, you can add personalized attention, and Volaris Is with You Service.
- Then, continue to enter contact details and pay the flight fee.
There are some restrictions; look over the details before you confirm your booking. The Volaris is With You service will require an unaccompanied minor fee of $120.05 at the time of booking. When you pay for flights, the total charge will include this charge as well.
Rules & Restrictions for Unaccompanied Minors After Booking Volaris Flights
Once you have booked the service for unaccompanied minors on Volaris, you need to consider different options, including baggage allowance and their drop-off, pick-up, etc. Here are the detailed rules & restrictions for bringing them on board.
- The young children traveling alone should arrive at the airport’s check-in counter early with an accompanying person who is legally an adult, depending on the country of origin.
- Volaris may ask for the personal information of the person coming at drop-off and the one who will be picking them up.
- The adult companion should stay at the airport until the flight departs from the airport.
There are general rules for all minors, but there are also additional rules for unaccompanied minors traveling with Volaris.
- For safety purposes, any child below 15 years old can not travel in an Emergency exit seat.
- When arranging connecting flights for unaccompanied minors, the time between the initial flight and the connecting flight should be no less than 2 hours and no more than 4 hours.
- Unaccompanied minors cannot use Cross Border Xpress or Pet On Board services, and codeshare flights are not available to them.
- They also can’t bring emotional support animals like dogs and cats with them onboard.
In addition to this, the children must wear a badge for the crew and Volaris employees to easily identify them. The airline agents will accompany them throughout the flight and assist them properly.
These were the simple rules and an easy process to bring unaccompanied children together with Volaris Airlines. If you want more help, you can consult with someone at Tripohlz or connect to the Volaris Airlines customer service team. Even our agents will thoroughly assist you if you want any more help