Does Qatar Airways allow seat selection?
Yes, Qatar Airways allows you to choose your favorite seats on the plane. You can make an advanced seat reservation or use Qatar Airways Seat Selection while you book your business or premium class flights. The airline will offer you a chance to choose preferred seating options or select Economy seats free of charge 48 hours before the departure(at check-in). However, not every seat is available or guaranteed. There are always some associated terms and conditions that directly affect your choice or pose a change of seats in some cases. To understand each and every option you have, read below the details of selecting seats on a Qatar Airways flight.
How Do I Choose My Seat on Qatar Airways?
When you are planning a flight booking with Qatar Airways, you can select a seat as long as you have a confirmed booking with the airline. The process to choose seats is also simple, and you can even get to choose seats for free. The airline lets you choose your seats in the following ways:
1. While booking flights with Qatar Airways
You can choose your seats while you are booking a flight on the Qatar Airways website. The process is simple, and you can use the seat map to check the availability of seats for selection. Let’s see how you can choose:
- Enter the official website of Qatar Airways.
- Start with booking a flight.
- Choose your necessary itinerary details.
- Continue to select the flight timings.
- When prompted, click the pick seats option.
- Select a seat of your choice.
- Confirm the charges and continue to provide your details.
- Complete the booking.
The airline will reserve that seat for you unless a situation arises, making it difficult for you to sit in that place. However, it will try to give you the best alternative seat. Make sure to check the terms and conditions for seat selection with Qatar Airways and check all the reviews of seats, including those on Reddit. This will help you book a better seat for a good price.
2. After Booking via Qatar Airways manage booking
You can always choose a seat after booking through the Qatar Airways manage booking tool on the website. Review your flight details and choose the seat selection option to view the options available, or follow these steps:
- Login to your Qatar Airways account on the official website,
- Or look for the Manage Booking option and review the flight details.
- Provide your flight number and last name & find your itinerary.
- Now, choose seat selection, and you will see a seating chart.
- Choose the available seats and confirm the selection.
- Pay for the seats if there are any costs and confirm your booking.
When you choose a seat in advance, there is a fee for selection, which is applicable for the economy and some Qatar Airways business class seats. You need to pay this fee to confirm your seats and receive the itinerary from your registered contact.
3. While Check-in
You can also choose a seat while checking in online. The airline gives you up to 90 minutes before the time of departure to choose a seat and confirm the seating. You can clear the necessary Qatar Airways seat selection costs and select a seat that you like. The carrier allows you to make the selection if a seat is available and does not have many restrictions as per your details.
How much does Qatar Airways charge for seat selection?
Usually, the Qatar Airways seat selection is available free of cost. If you are flying in Economy Comfort or Convenience, the airline will offer you a standard seat at no cost. For Economy classic seating, you may have to pay for the seat. However, the airline also lets you wait until the online check-in starts and choose a regular seat at no extra cost. Usually, the preferred seats are gone by this time, so, in our recommendation, advance seat selection is always the best choice.
What are Qatar Airways’ Seat Selection Terms and Conditions?
You must comply with all these seat selection rules to choose your seats with Qatar Airways. Let’s have a closer look at the associated terms in detail:
- The airline charges a seat selection fee per passenger on each flight segment.
- You can not cancel or transfer your seats to another one.
- The airline may allow you to change seats on the same flight and route but won’t refund your seat fares at any cost.
- The purchased seat is only refundable when there is an involuntary change of seat because of any operational, safety, or security concern.
- Customers traveling with infants in the same booking can select seats free of charge, but seat selection does not guarantee bassinet availability.
- Preferred seat selection is only available during or after booking tickets.
- Even when you make a Bulkhead seat selection, an infant bassinet Cot is not guaranteed.
These rules may apply to all the seats you would like to select with Qatar Airways from their seat selection map. Make sure to abide by them all to get a hassle-free flight journey.
In what circumstances are customers unable to receive a refund on their seats?
Customers can not be eligible for seat selection refunds in the following cases:
- In case of voluntary or involuntary upgrades to a higher cabin or higher valued seating.
- Adding Privilege Club or Oneworld membership information to the reservation after purchasing.
- When you change your flight date, route, or the flight itself to a different airline.
- In case of involuntary changes, the new seat and your initial seat are practically the same.
In all these cases, you can not get a refund on your Qatar Airways seat reservation. So, you need to be careful when you choose your seats.
Who Can’t Select Exit Row Seats?
The following passengers can not be allowed to sit in Emergency Exit Row Seats:
- Children and Infants
- Pregnant Women
- Elderly or Frail Passengers
- Obese Customers
- Deportees or Prisoners who are in Custody
- Incapacitated customers
- Passengers flying with Falcons.
Also, if you want to book a seat with Qatar Airways in these rows, you must be 18 years or older and be able to handle an emergency situation well.
What seat options does Qatar Airways offer?
Qatar Airways simplifies seat selection by allowing passengers to pay a fee to choose their preferred seating. There are four different options when you choose seats: standard seats, preferred seats, extra legroom seats, and Economy reserve. Let’s understand each of them in detail:
Qatar Airways provides passengers with the option of Standard Seat Selection, a simple yet effective way to choose a seat in either economy or business class. While this option doesn’t offer any additional features or benefits, it’s still a great way to ensure that you have a comfortable journey. The best part? It’s available to all passengers at no extra cost. You can choose your seat during the booking process or later through the manage booking option.
Preferred Seat is a service that enables you to select a seat in a preferred area of the airplane. Typically, these seats are situated close to the front of the cabin or near the window or aisle. They provide extra comfort and convenience during your flight. You can easily reserve your preferred seating by paying the Qatar Airways Seat Selection fee without any hassle.
Extra Legroom Seats
If you find yourself in need of more space while flying, you can choose Extra Legroom seats. These seats offer extra room for stretching out, providing a more comfortable experience, especially for long flights. You can find these seats, usually in exit or bulkhead rows, and book them for an additional fee.
Economy Reserve Seats
Selecting the “choose my seat” option with Qatar Airways allows you to reserve an adjacent Economy seat for extra comfort and privacy. You can make a request during check-in or at Hamad Intl Airport desks. Consult with Qatar Airways customer service experts for more information.
That’s how you can make Qatar Airways seat selection at ease. However, this is conditional and subject to specific rules. For additional information, consult Tripohlz or the designated department at the airline office. They will help you find your perfect options.